High protein vegetarian slice Posted on 27 Jun 11:01 , 0 comments
- 450g pumpkin cut into 2cm cubes and cooked in microwave
- Bunch of spring onions chopped
- 5 eggs
- 500g lite cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs or 2 tablespoons fresh chopped herbs
- Pinch salt and good grind of black pepper
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables (no need to defrost)
- 20g finely grated parmesan cheese (keep a bag in the freezer) - about two level tablespoons
- 1 large tomato sliced
Whisk together the eggs, lite cottage cheese, and herbs, then stir in the cooked pumpkin and frozen veggies.
Spray an oven dish or cake tin with baking spray and pour the mixture in. Sprinkle over the grated Parmesan cheese then lay the tomato slices on top. You can dust tomato slices with extra dried herbs if desired.
Bake at 190 degrees for about 45 minutes, or until the centre is just firm.
Serve with a big salad. Serves 4.
Optional: You could add mushrooms and/or grated courgettes for extra fibre and nutrition if desired.